A good rule of thumb is that series have a conventional name and are intentional creations , on the part of the author or publisher. For now, avoid forcing the issue with mere "lists" of works possessing an arbitrary shared characteristic, such as relating to a particular place. Avoid series that cross authors, unless the authors were or became aware of the series identification eg. Also avoid publisher series, unless the publisher has a true monopoly over the "works" in question. So, the Dummies guides are a series of works. But the Loeb Classical Library is a series of editions, not of works.
Short Story Rec: “Dustbaby” by Alix E. Harrow in Shimmer #27
- Shopping Cart;
- The Long March: How the Cultural Revolution of the 1960s Changed America.
- Processes of Social Construction in the Philosophy of Communication (Readings in Contemporary Philosophy);
- what my phone saw;
- Hello Fruit.
- Shimmer - The Submission Grinder.
- KiwiWalks in Speculative Fiction.
Common Knowledge Series Jessie Shimmer. Series: Jessie Shimmer Series by cover.
- New York Times & USA Today Bestselling Author?
- Boundaries of Order (LvMI).
- Grave Doubts (Mediator Book 5).
Links Wikipedia: author article. ISFDB bibliography.
Series description. Related series Spellbent.
Cal Leandros. Simon Canderous. Victoria Nelson: Blood.
Karen Burnham Reviews Short Fiction: Shimmer, Clarkesworld, and Lightspeed – Locus Online
Cooper Marron. Related places Ohio, USA. Shimmery stories are most often contemporary fantasy, frequently dark or darkly funny, and always gorgeous. The best way to understand what we are looking for is to read an issue of the magazine.
See a Problem?
We like unusual stories with a fluid and distinctive voice, with specific and original images. Send us your odd unclassifiable stories—though we prefer traditional storytelling mechanics to experimental approaches.
Suggest Correction. Website Support!
- Consumers Guide to Probiotics: How Natures Friendly Bacteria Can Restore Your Body to Super Health;
- Secret On Cobb Mountain.
- Top Authors!
- Navigation menu.
- Seriously: What Makes Us Happy.
Electronic Submissions? This statistical information is an aggregation of submission data provided by our members.